query

Default foundation repair

I am buying a small old house with pier and beam. Some of the cedar
piers need replacing and the crawl space under the house is tight. One
company quoted me over $15,000 for the repairs (for an under 1,000 sq.
ft. house). I just want to repair or replace the obviously rotted piers
and beams. What are the pros and cons of this approach? I'm also
going to look for someone who can do the work less expensively. The
entire foundation/house is not worth an expensive remodel, as the next
buyer will probably scrape and start over.
Thanks for your advice.