Chris Lewis

According to :
Look on eBay for used Federal Pacific stuff. The good ones are new
ones made in Canada, but there are plenty of old ones around. If you
look at what the above posters say, the problem with these breakers
only applies to the double pole breakers. The single pole breakers
work just fine. I have them and I have tested every one of them.

The ones made in Canada are branded "Federal Pioneer". They do not appear
to have had the same problems as the US ones. Federal Pioneer
is still being manufactured:

See

http://www.schneider-electric.ca/www...-lok/index.htm

and:

http://www.schneider-electric.ca/www...ok/html/cb.htm

You can mailorder brand new FPE breakers from Canadian sources.

They're commonly available in Canadian hardware/bigbox retailers.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est