BigWallop

Default Triple 1 way switch wiring.

"Martin MacKenzie" wrote in message
Many thanks for the speedy reply and info

The black wires are running to the switch point along with the earths that
you mention making a total of 12 wires!!! A lot to hide behind a switch.
The earth cables are already sleeved so its just a case of finding a couple
of earth points on the back.

There is one other ceiling light in the room I am talking about - As this
socket I am working is fed directly from the fusebox I am assuming that this
other light is fed from the rose of the light I am trying to wire up - does
this sound about right? I'll check tomorrow to be sure.

Thanks again
Martin

It is common / possible for one ceiling rose to be looped over from the other,
so this sounds the most likely configuration you have. If it ain't, get back
here and ask what else could be happening. :-))