Stuart Noble

JohnWB wrote:
I have just had some doors dip n stripped and they seem to have done a
good job. Does anyone know how long I should wait for the doors to dry
before sanding then either staining and/or varnishing them, also does
anyone have any tips regarding treatment of the doors before doing
this. Is there any particular filler or stain I should/not use. Any
help will be greatfully recieved

Dip n Strip implies the franchised non-caustic method, so the doors
should not have darkened or be looking too sorry for themselves. If so,
just wait till bone dry and then wipe a small area with a wet rag. This
is how they'll look with a "clear" varnish. Probably darker than you
thought. If they're pine, I wouldn't stain at all, but a light oak shade
is fairly safe if you want to even up the colour. IME attempts to make
pine look like anything else i.e. darker are doomed to failure.