Larry Jaques

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 01:09:36 -0500, the opaque Australopithecus scobis
clearly wrote:

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 08:08:05 -0700, fredfighter wrote:

I've read (here on rec.woodorking IIRC)
that drilling a hole in a saw blade, like
a bandsawblade being used for frame saw,
can be madeeasy by "spot annealing" the
location where the hole is to be drilled.
This can be done by chucking a blunt
rod, like a nail with the tip ground off
in a drill press and pressing that at high
speed against the spot until it glows red.
Then let it air cool and drill the hole.

I asked the mavens on rec.crafts.metalworking about that technique. Don't
try it on high speed steel, they point out.

I used a hand punch press to pop holes in bandsaw blade stock
for my infamous bow saur. Vive la Roper Whitney!

Heart Attacks: God's revenge for eating his little animal friends
-- http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development --