Peter Parry

Default Chemical sink + drain unblockers - any good?

On 6 Jun 2004 19:54:52 GMT, "Abso" wrote:

I'll have a look at doing this. I'm sure I can get the sink trap off
but I suspect the block is in the drain pipe leading away from the sink
and I can only get to one end of this.

It's caused by washing machines these days going all green and using
lower water temperatures and less water. The result is a build up on
the drain pipes of a grey sticky goo made up of discarded skin and,
if you have children, you don't want to know what else.

It's quite easily shifted by Caustic Soda or any of the proprietary
cleaners and they are far easier to use than dismantling the whole
thing. It will recur about every 6 to 18 months if you don't
remember to pour about a pint of caustic soda solution down the
Washing machine drain pipe every now and again.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/