Ken Moffett

"Steve Peterson" 123@nospam wrote in
:

"Pete Bergstrom" wrote in message
Steve Peterson wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

I used to live in the Twin Cities in MN. but have been in Ca. for 15
yrs. I'm going there from aug. 10 t0 15.for a class reunion. Can
anyone tell me about places or events within a radius of about 200
mi. that would be interesting to someone who's into machinery,
machining, etc? I'm familiar with the science and railroad museums.

I thought Amble's Machinery on Cedar Ave in Minneapolis was an
interesting bit of history. If it is the same place I am thinking of
it is a few 1800's buildings chock full of machines for sale.

I believe you're thinking of Harris Machinery rather than Ambles. The
last time I was at Ambles (last winter), there were few or no
machines for sale, a little section of tooling but quite a lot of
materials.

Pete (in St. Paul)

I stand corrected. Amble's is the place with all the smaller surplus
parts. What is the address for Harris Machinery?
I was both places two or three years ago and found treasures at both.
Press
brake tooling at Ambles and a centrifugal blower at Harris along with
a bunch of smaller items.
Steve

Harris Machinery
501 30th Ave SE