Duane Bozarth

Look on eBay for used Federal Pacific stuff. The good ones are new
ones made in Canada, but there are plenty of old ones around. If you
look at what the above posters say, the problem with these breakers
only applies to the double pole breakers. The single pole breakers
work just fine. I have them and I have tested every one of them.

I looked into this a year or so ago and I don't recall that the UL
retraction applied only to double-pole breakers? Are you absolutely
sure on this (not saying it's not right, but I surely never picked up on
it when looking myself)?