soup

David Lang wrote:
I've just got one of those cordless doorbells, but all is not beer and
skittles.

Sometimes it would just decide to ring all by itself - so it was
actually playing 'knock down ginger'.

Now, after some heavy rain - it don't not work at all.

Are they just a waste of space, or should I get the WD40 out?

We got one from QVC (yeah I know) and it worked fine but we have a
pretty exposed front door and water got into the push button,so from
then on the "bell" didn't work even drying the push button unit out did
not seem to get the "bell" working again.
Since then we have done without a bell but the living room looks
directly on to the front porch so we can easily hear/see someone at the
front door and "missing" someone ay the door because we are upstairs
hasn't been a problem (in 4 years)

--
yours S