dmc

In article ,
David Lang wrote:
Hi

I've just got one of those cordless doorbells, but all is not beer and
skittles.

Sometimes it would just decide to ring all by itself - so it was actually
playing 'knock down ginger'.

Heh. We had a cheap(sih) one from B&Q - I think it was about 15-20 quid and
had a clock built in for no obvious reason. This was very unreliable. It
wouldn't work at all when someone was using a DECT phone nearby and would
sometimes trigger for no obvious reason. I jumped on it one night when it
went off and took great pleasure in smashing the thing.

I reluctantly replaced it with another wireless one - this time the most
expensive one that I could find in stock locally - a friedland EVO 200 or
something like that. Has been excellent and totally problem free. And is
has CD quality (well, they claim that ) saxiphone tones ;-)

Are they just a waste of space, or should I get the WD40 out?

In my limited experience, you get what you pay for.

Darren