JohnM

Ignoramus6455 wrote:
yes, there are coax ethernet cards etc.

Unlikely that the OP knew those details though.

Hey. Thanks for the compliment. Yes, I was aware of that, having looked
into it, but asking questions is how one learns and sometimes the stuff
on the web assumes greater beginning knowledge than I have.

Yeah, maybe I should go buy the stuff new, but I don't want to yet..
I've got some fairly obsolete machines here I'd like to play with and,
not yet being a Linux geek, I'll either use win95 or 98 'cause that's
what I have on hand.

For the moment I'd just like to be able to move files around without
burning CDs and maybe try to get the wife or kids to play a game or two
with me.

John

In any case, go to walmart and buy a network router, and follow
instructions on the router. If you cannot make it work, return the
router back to walmart. Ask newsgroups for help.