carl mciver

"steamer" wrote in message
| --Can anyone put a name to this contraption? It's probably got a
| nautical origin, but I don't have a clue what it, or its ilk might be
| called. First three photos on this page:
| http://www.nmpproducts.com/artcar0508.htm
| --I'm thinking these things made smaller would be ideal for
| robotic applications...
|
| --
| "Steamboat Ed" Haas : My shop is open to
| Hacking the Trailing Edge! : visiting dog-nitaries...
| http://www.nmpproducts.com/intro.htm
| ---Decks a-wash in a sea of words---

I have seen exactly this sort of thing before, and after much thought I
realized it was similar to the throttle of an outboard motor, one that has a
tilt steering wheel. Obviously not that beefy, but that makes me think that
it was from a drive that allowed the prop to fold up out of the way for
whatever reasons.