Dave Mundt

Greetings and Salutations...

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 20:52:47 -0500, Lawrence Glickman
wrote:

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 18:26:34 -0700, "xmradio"
wrote:

http://www.drivesnapshot.de/en/

good back up program....

xman

I've been using "Image for Dos" by Terabyte or some such.
The nice thing about it: if your OS is FUBAR, you just boot to a
floppy and type "image" without the quotes.

This does look like a pretty good package. I am always
a TAD nervous by "image" programs as they sometime require that the
drive you restore to be EXACTLY like the drive that died...For
example, you might not be able to restore an image of a 40 gig
drive to a newer, 60 gig drive. I did not poke too far into
this one, but, it seems to be able to handle this ok.

I was using Acronis before this, and Drive Image before that, but the
beauty of "Image for Dos" is you don't NEED an OS to do a complete
restore. The OS will be on the floppy in the form of freeDos.

Lg

Simplicity of backup and restore is a VERY good thing.
If it is not simple...folks will NOT do it...and if they don't do it,
they WILL lose data.
Regards
Dave Mundt