Roger_Nickel

Tony wrote:
On 3 Aug 2005 19:12:30 -0700, "tom" wrote:

Someone wrote: I am considering mounting a small solar panel to the
outside of my (rented) flat. The neighbours have satellite teevee
dishes, so there shouldn't be any objections.I'm not sure of all the
layers on top, but I think that the building is basically made of
concrete blocks.Do I need a special drill bit?
And what sort of anchoring fixtures should be used? The panel needs to
be stable, and stay on in strong winds, but is fairly light (maybe just
a few kilos?)

First, you need your Landlord's permission. Then, if okay, you'll want
a hammer drill, and a masonry bit of the correct size for your
fasteners. Think about where in the block you're drilling, and mount
your panel accordingly. Tom

He could glue it on..

Those Silicon rubber stuff (RTV) ? is very good or may be the no more nails
etc.,.

The glue will only be as strong as the bond between the paint and the wall. If
he lives in Wellington he can say goodbye to his solar panel when the first
serious storm comes along.