TURTLE

"Joey_Bitchn'" wrote in message
Turtle

I installed the 50 AMP Breaker and so far so good.I've had the A/C on
all day. The wires aren't even warm. The A/C unit read 37.5 AMP
minimum so I guess that with the 40 AMP breaker the initial voltage
drop over a few on/off cycles was enough for the relay not to
re-engage.
Thanks for the tip. If you lived in Fallbrook, Calif. I'd buy you
lunch for saving me the call to an electrician :-)

Cheers!
Joe

This is Turtle.

Your Elkcome.

The most you can put on a 40 amp breaker is 32 amps. The most you can put on a
50 amp breaker is 40 amps without running it hot . So your good on the 50 amp
breaker and a 37.5 amp load.

TURTLE