TURTLE

"CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert" wrote in message
TURTLE wrote:
"Joey_Bitchn'" wrote in message

Turtle,
The length of the wire is about 30 feet on the conservative side. I
didn't get a chance to check the draw on the circuit though. I'll try
getting that tomorrow assuming I can figure out how to do it
correctly.
Thanks for the help
Joe

This is Turtle.

The Ugly Book says you have up to about 50 feet or a little more for the 50
amp ability and 50 amp breaker. Your well under with 30 feet.

TURTLE

This is odd, could you explain that to me? I am an automotive systems
engineer and I design the wiring for automobiles. The length of wire has
nothing to do with the fuse rating. The device on the end of the wire also
has nothing to do with the fuse rating.

Well ok, some devices can terminate a few different sizes of wire, and this is
a physical thing, nothing to do with current amount but with diameter, etc.

So why does wire length matter for breaker size in a home?

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert

This is Turtle.

In the World of Electricians we have a simi-rule book called a Ugly Book which
will tell use what size wire, load size, and breaker size that matches a load
and keeps the voltage drop to less than 2% of Voltage. If you have 120 volts
service. You don't want more than 2% or 2.4 volt drop caused by the wirte size
being too small for the ampcity. The fastest way to burn up a hvac system is to
run it on low voltage.

TURTLE