Pop

I'm sorry, much as I'd like to help, I don't open
attachments. Perhaps someone else will take a look for
you, but I cannot make exceptions.

Perhaps someone could put them on a web site for you
and then just post the URL here?

Apoligies

Pop

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hi,

Take a look at pg 9 in the Attachment.

Please let me know what you think.

They certainly appear to be two distinct types.

Bob

"Pop" wrote in message

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello:

The furnace runs off a dedicated 15 amp line,
protected by its own breaker in the main house
panel.

Apparently they come in two flavors.

One being the standard "surge protector," and the
other type a "transient voltage surge protector".

They both seem to be available incorporated into 15
amp circuit breakers that fit in the main house
panel
box.

Which do I probably want ?

Why ? What are the differences re protection, etc.
?

Thanks,
Bob

If you've got a link or anything to show those
items,
it might be possible to make some judgements. Any
surge protector is a "transient voltage" surge
suppressor, so why they'd have two different names
within one product line is interesting.

The two most important specs you want are the number
of
joules of energy it can withstand, and the length of
time it can withstand that much power. There are
other
relevant specs of course, but to get too far into
them
here isn't relevant, IMO, without knowing more about
the items.

I'm offering to check them out because I've been
considering the same sort of thing too, but haven't
gotten too serious about it yet.

HTH,
Pop