Todd H.

"aw" writes:
I'm a lady living on social security and have
a leaking roof. It's about 38 years old and
there is 2 layers of 3 tab shingle.

can you give me a ball park figure of how
much per square a roofer should charge
including removing the old shingles and
carting them off?

Roofing jobs are sized by squares (100sq ft), and Roof construction
and pitch factor in.

For each starter edge, there's a linear feet charge typically, so if
you have more surfaces to shingle rather than just a simple flat a
frame roof, it takes more time, and there's an additional cost.

There are upcharges for steeply pitched roofs as well as they're more
difficult for obvious reasons.

A little ole lady next door had her little Cape Cod in the Chicago
burbs reroofed including tearoff and cartage estimated at $3600. That
was her low estimate. The high estimate was around $8k. This is a
pretty dinky house though, and a straightforward 2-surface roof roof.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/