CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

G Henslee wrote:
SteveB wrote:

"G Henslee" wrote in message

Harry K wrote:

Need to re-paint the kitchen. Had been wallpapered yay many years ago
and a patch of the vinyl coating had pulled off. Aha, thinks I, "I'll
just pull off all the vinyl coating and then use sponges and soak off
the paper backing". No sooner said than done, at least the pulling
portion.

Even using two sponges I couldn't keep the paper wet enough with warm
soapy water to strip. Off to the rental place for a steamer. Yep it
worked but...the paper backing comes off in small pieces and the job
took three times longer than if I had done it right to begin with.

Harry, too soon old, too late smart, K

Good of you to post this type of thing Harry. Most don't. Most
come, get advice, do their job, and never let anyone know different.
Not that they have to but it would be nice to tell others of their
experiences or at least the outcome.

Most people do not know Murphy's Law:

1. Nothing is as easy as it looks.
2. Everything takes longer than you think.
3. If anything can go wrong, it will.

Most people only remember #3.

And Murphy was an optimist.

Steve

You know you just describe marriage.

Who the hell was/is Murphy, anyway? Curious minds, etc.

Use Google. IIRC he was involved in the NASA space program. Law was
named after him.

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert