Some of the first items I made were simple candle sticks and though I
sold at craft fairs, five years later i still had these original
sticks. Lo, this past spring I had an individual looking for something
"special" and I invited them to my house to select from a greater
variety than available at a show. Of cousre, you can guess, they picked
these candle sticks (now nice and dry after 5 years) and thought these
were so special.

So have a go, it matters not what you make. Its your eye and as you can
see above, it only takes one person to think what you did is specal "to
them"

I'm still at it 5 years latter and still learing and trying to become
better