DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Robert Swinney wrote:

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message
In article ,
Robert Swinney wrote:

"Christopher Tidy" wrote in message

[ ... ]

What are the nine leads for? Most of the three phase motors I've seen in

[ ... ]

In either case, there should be printed on the motor's nameplate
which numbers of wires should be connected together and whether they
should be connected to the outside or just insulated.

His name plate only said star/delta thus he had no standard 9 wires to work
with. He achieves hi V, loV by connecting the motor in star or delta
apparently.

I understood that -- but he *asked* about the 9-wire setup (see
quoted line above), so I decided to explain it in more detail than you
did. He is unlikely to run into the nine-wire motors in the UK, I
think.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564