Frank J Warner

In article , Gunner
wrote:

My $#@!! kid turned off the firewall (again) and downloaded something
with a nasty malware called W32/Gaelicum.A

Its infected virtually every .exe file in both my server and my
personal computer. Im posting from my non-networked laptop.

It only effects flles with a .exe extension, but thats thousands of
files on all 4 computers on the network. There is very little info on
the net about it, AVG has only been able to detect it for a week or
so.

It appears to be a trojan of some sort.

Anyone got any suggestions of cleaning the sumbitch, other than a full
hard drive format..which means I have to format at least 14
drives...sigh

The #@$%!!! kid lost all acess to the network..his computer has been
removed from the net, and its not a computer Im going to fix. This was
the last straw.....his box just became a doorstop.

One word: Macintosh.

Nobody writes viruses for the Mac.

Don't be too hard on the kid. None of us were perfect back then.

-Frank

--
fwarner1-at-franksknives-dot-com
Here's some of my work: