mp

hi guys - the fan is running. Had it looked at yesterday and it seems the
PCB is at fault, he tapped it with a screwdriver.. it worked (ie fired up),
he tapped it agin and it stopped! They wanted £150 for PCB, £70 labour +
vat = too much, gone with Bri Gas sign up maintenance scheme.

thanks for your help

"Set Square" wrote in message
raden wrote:

In message , Set Square
writes
Christian McArdle wrote:

Hi Christian - no there's no flame.

If you get fan noise, but no flame, even for a second, suspect the
following:

1. Gas valve.
2. Ignitor.
3. Gas supply
4. PCB.
5. Safety lockouts (although most would cut the fan also).

Christian.

There is probably a pressure switch which detects that the fan is
running and allows the ignition system to operate. This could be
duff - or a pipe could have fallen off. I think that's where I'd
look first.

It's a bit academic if the fan's not running, isn't it

Reading between the lines of what the OP wrote earlier, I believe that the
fan *is* running.
--
Cheers,
Set Square