Alain Beguin

Default Philips TV VCR combo unit pops fuses

bart bervoets wrote in , on
3/08/2005, H. Lydia

Got this from a friend who found it standing at the trash.
Very recent model so worth fixing.
Bridge rectifier had 2 diodes shorted, replaced all 4 to make sure.
Measuring other parts in the primary section, no shorts.
Plugged unit in and bang, fuse in bits.
Strange but in the input is no short, so fault on the secondary side?
Is it possible that a seconday power supply fault causes the fuse to pop
with such a laud bang?
Any pointers i should look at, i will check diodes, zeners, transistors and
HOT just now.
Anything i may be missing?
Yes, checked the filter cap, is fine.

Bart Bervoets

IMHO you should use the power supply repair kit fot this set, Bart.
I can not imagine that this would be caused by a fault in the secondary
side.
Should be in the power supply, switch transistors etc. All the needed
parts are in the kit for your specific set :-)

I'm on hollydays, so can't check the schematic.

Groetjes,

--
Alain (Albé) For Usenet : Reply-to is valid (only 4 days !)
MesNews translators team