C & M

I've not been pleased with the wax treatment at all. Little rust protection
after several coats. If I don't use the saw for a week I have to wipe off
the fine rust that permeates the wax. I am planning a trial of a marine
spray-on treatment made by Quicksilver which dries hard. I hope I'm not
sorry.

"CharterNews" wrote in message
I know there has been discussion about this here before, but I can't
remember the advice:

I moved from Virginia to Alabama about three weeks ago, and after the

movers
moved my precious table saw, jointer, and other devices out from their
climate controlled area to the humid external world, I literally watched

the
rust form on the surface of the cast iron (even though I thought there was
still a coating of wax on the surface). I have soaked same with WD40 since
then while the tools are sitting in my humid garage waiting for their new
home in a workshop that's being refurbished.

Please --- any suggestions as to what to use to get rid of this thin coat

of
rust would be highly appreciated. I don't want to scratch the surfaces, so
I'm reluctant to use steel wool or anything like that until I get some
suggestions from this excellent group.

Thanks in advance!

Bob

--