George

"JoeTaxpayer" wrote in message
I had a small can of shellac (half pint) with a press on (not screw-on)
lid, sitting on a basement shelf. Today I noticed a wet floor, though the
toilet leaked.
They saw the can on its side, the bottom buckled as if pressure built up
inside, finnally exploding the can open, and pouring itself on my floor.

WTF?? Is this 'normal'? Anything else down there ready to explode?

Anything else with relatively high vapor pressure that you put away cold and
allow to heat up. That's one reason for screw-on lids.

Never left a bit of cold soda in the bottom of the bottle and closed the
windows on the pickup?

Don't open it near anything you care for.