Pete Bergstrom

Steve Peterson wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

I used to live in the Twin Cities in MN. but have been in Ca. for 15
yrs. I'm going there from aug. 10 t0 15.for a class reunion. Can anyone
tell me about places or events within a radius of about 200 mi. that
would be interesting to someone who's into machinery, machining, etc?
I'm familiar with the science and railroad museums.

I thought Amble's Machinery on Cedar Ave in Minneapolis was an interesting
bit of history. If it is the same place I am thinking of it is a few 1800's
buildings chock full of machines for sale.

I believe you're thinking of Harris Machinery rather than Ambles. The
last time I was at Ambles (last winter), there were few or no machines
for sale, a little section of tooling but quite a lot of materials.

Pete (in St. Paul)