Dave Hinz

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 15:32:14 -0500, Lawrence Glickman wrote:
On 3 Aug 2005 20:24:52 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

There is a command in XP to format a hard disk, which is analogous in
function to fdisk for the purposes of this discussion. The fact that
it's the wrong solution isn't changed by the fact that in XP it's called
something else.

It's called something else...

Yes, I _understand_ that.

It is an integral part of the XP OS, and as such, the OS must be
installed before you can use it. It isn't like the stand-alone Fdisk
where you can boot to freeDos and partion the Hard drive. Big
difference.

I suppose if you limit yourself to only fixing a system with that
system's corrupted system, that may be true.

I'm not going to argue with you Heinz ketchup. You're too thick (
according to all the ketchup ads I see on TV).

Wow. Haven't heard that, er, insult? since fourth grade.