Kurt Lochner

Lawrence Glickman wrote:

On 3 Aug 2005 20:09:49 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 14:53:49 -0500, Lawrence Glickman wrote:
On 3 Aug 2005 19:52:42 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 14:50:24 -0500, Lawrence Glickman wrote:

doesn't exist under Windows XP, but then gunner said he is running
linux.

He's obviously _not_ running Linux on the virus-infested system in
question. He gave the system specs earlier of the infested windows box.

It still doesn't exist under Windows XP, and he said at one time he
has XP Pro on one of his machines *(server? I dunno).

Hard to know or care. Regardless of what the tool used in whatever
version of VirusOS he's running, arguing over how the "reformat the
disk" command is spelled in whatever variety of windows, is silly.

You misunderstand.

I am not arguing over spelling.

I am telling you and every one that FDISK does not EXIST under Windows
XP, in any of it's possible spellings...kabish?

I'll offer this advice only once, nothing against you Lawrence,
but the most effective way that I've found is to break out the
Win98 Install disks and FDISK the drive in question, especially
if it's a NTFS formatted drive, all by itself. *THEN* go back
and run FDISK /MBR *twice* to reset both copies of the master
boot record on the drive. Just my two dollars worth, viruses
suck and the people that write them are beneath contempt..

--As for W32/Gaelicum.A ..it's a "reload OS" situation, IMHO..