Charlie Bress

Default Toshiba TV CF3266a

My son's future father-in-law just gave him a Toshiba CF3266a set that had
been replaced. This old TV has been losing vertical amplitude and
adjustments were no longer able to restore the size. I have not seen this
set yet , but have been invited to try fixing it.

My understanding is that picture shrink had been from both top and bottom.
I am betting it is a cap or two that have degraded. This box is a 1991
build. Are there any particular suspects in the vertical amp section.

I am also hoping that the suspects are PTH and not surface mounted. I have
no way of checking caps other than a VOM to check for leakage and plain old
substitution if I can find suitable replacements.

I am well aware of HV concerns and will keep my fingers away from places
that bite.

Charlie