Ronald L. Schloss wrote:
Anyone care to comment on the effectiveness of a Shopsmith??

Ron Schloss

To answer this we really need to know your intentions. It is well made
and supported. Provides much flexibility at the cost of setup time. It
will not provide the quality of good purpose built equipment, but better
than many inexpensive pieces of equipment.

It's a decent, but marginal table saw but provides flexibility of lath,
drill press, etc. It provides a lot of capability in a small space.
Again the setup time is the trade off. Plan your projects well and you
can economize the setup time. Plenty of parts, etc. are easily available.

Mine (Model 510) basically is used as a drill press with occasional lath
work. I almost never use the table saw, except for rare dado work (set
it as dado and leave table saw as is) depending on length of cuts etc.

HTH