Proctologically Violated©®

Well, ackshooly....

What's NEA??

I think the jury is out on the brains part.... altho, you might be
(eventually) right.
My initial response was that the peeple who started this web-speak stuff
knew formal/purist english very well, and were sort of just playing, having
phonetic fun.
And, a lot of this might be a sort of "phonetic backlash" to the
non-phonetic visissytudes of english--sposedly the second most difficult
language, behind the oriental languages.
I thought "ossum" was hilarious!

But, indeed, there may be a new surfs-up-dewd generation who *don't* know
the difference! Now DAT is an ossum concep.

Many years ago, and maybe still today, there were linguistic efforts to
streamline english, make it phonetic, even remove the vowels from the
written word, etc. Maybe this is coming to pass.

Personally, I find somce abbrev/acronyms pretty neat/economical: iirc, fwiw,
STFU, etc.

"Good english" used to be a kind of filter, sort of separating the haves
from the have-nots, at least in the non-merchant class, via education.
Now, goddamm executives are semi-illiterate. The well-written memo getting
you a promotion is a thing of the past.
And, iffin yer a talented programmer, you can be *totally* illiterate, just
not in C++, and make $250K/yr.

Part and parcel of all this is the hip-hop/rap blight on our cultchuh.
Ackshooly, no longer a contained blight, as I think it has fairly well
metasticized. Most of gangsta rap is bought by suburban white boyz, from
one stat I read. Werd to their muthuhs....

My own Darwinistic Take on all this:
The P4 chip/Internet is now allowing Humanity to become all they were meant
to be/really were all along: self-interested fukn assholes--rude ones, at
that, given web anonymity. Cyberassholes.

More Darwin:
The New WebDate:
Two CyberAssholes w/ webcams, having websex--auto-erotica, of course.
"Afterwards": (web-cammed pillow talk)
Oh, you was great, that was ossumly good for me (altho I might haveta get a
new keyboard), was it good fer you?
Oh yeah, baby. I'd like to have yer child. email me a dollop of semen...

Werd up.
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"SteveB" wrote in message

"SteveB" wrote in message

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message

"Tom Dacon" wrote: (clip) I can skim over the all-caps subject lines
and ignore them completely. (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I was thinking the same thing, Tom. Going a step further, I have
de-capitalized all the words in the subject heading. Please let me know
whether you found this helpful. :-)

And, if you are of the current NEA generation, you can use:

u for you
ur for you are, you're, and your
ther for their, there
and acronyms for phrases, using the first letter of each word
and lower case letters for proper names

And just any old way of spelling and grammar because you don't have the
brains to spell it right.

fer sher

kewl

ossum

Steve, and that's with a "S"

And sorry, I did not mean YOU, as in YOU, but the plural YOU as in a bunch
of yous, or like my Polish relatives said, "youse" and "youse guys".

Wasn't speaking to anyone directly except the ones who tend to use
chatroom slang and acronyms for common speech.

So, hold yer flames........

Steve