David Courtney

Gunner,
It looks like the virus has several different names (depending on who's
AV site you ask) but the W32/Gaelicum.A file that you mentioned appears to
be a "separate" trojan/virus that's downloaded by the real Gael/Licum virus.
Look here at "Licum":
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/ven...w32.licum.html
Or McAfee calls it "Gael":
http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/defau...virus_k=134857
Sadly, the patch for what this thing exploits has been available since
2003: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS03-026.mspx
Both sites have some troubleshooting/removal info... but it doesn't look
like much fun.
Hopefully these links will at least point you in the right direction to
find a solution.
David

"Gunner" wrote in message
My $#@!! kid turned off the firewall (again) and downloaded something
with a nasty malware called W32/Gaelicum.A

Its infected virtually every .exe file in both my server and my
personal computer. Im posting from my non-networked laptop.

It only effects flles with a .exe extension, but thats thousands of
files on all 4 computers on the network. There is very little info on
the net about it, AVG has only been able to detect it for a week or
so.

It appears to be a trojan of some sort.

Anyone got any suggestions of cleaning the sumbitch, other than a full
hard drive format..which means I have to format at least 14
drives...sigh

The #@$%!!! kid lost all acess to the network..his computer has been
removed from the net, and its not a computer Im going to fix. This was
the last straw.....his box just became a doorstop.

Gunner