Larry Jaques

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 21:41:40 GMT, the opaque "Ivan Vegvary"
clearly wrote:

I was thinking of making my own air supply. I already have a sandblasting
hood made from combination canvas/rubber. I intend to use about 60 feet of
garden hose with air supplied by an old squirrel cage furnace fan. I will
have to build a plenum for the fan and hook up the hose with duct tape.
Assuming that I get positive pressure to the hood, AND, wear a cartridge
respirator underneath, I think I will be OK and save approx. $800.
Any thoughts from others?

hiccup Hey, y'all. Watch THIS!

Mungo's right about this feeling like a Darwin Candidacy issue.
Garden hoses are usually marked "DO NOT DRINK FROM THIS HOSE".
What makes you think you should breathe through it, respirator
or not? Think back to when you last had a very small disturbance
in your respiratory tract. Is ANYTHING worth doing something which
might cause that feeling of drowning again?

Check Ebay for inexpensive "supplied air" systems; they're half
what you think they cost. ($279.99 complete)

Are your health and your life worth that?

Heart Attacks: God's revenge for eating his little animal friends
-- http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development --