Christopher Tidy

Ignoramus20106 wrote:
On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 12:19:35 +0000 (UTC), Christopher Tidy wrote:

I just measured mine. It's 14" diameter and 16" long without the shaft.
With the shaft it's nearly 20" long. Sometime I will try to weigh it out
of curiosity.

Hm, not very different from my motor... (only mine is 4 times the
HP). I would be interested to know the weight.

I just weighed the motor. It's a little heavier than I thought: 94 kg
(207 lb). I'd be interested to know what yours weighs if you ever weigh
it, too.

Mine is inside the phase converter, screwed down to the platform. Kind
of hard to take out to weigh. I would say, as a wild guess, 180 lbs or
80 kg. I could lift it out of the truck and place on a furniture
moving platform, but with difficulty.

No problem, just curious. Is the phase convertor finished now? It looks
like your motor is probably a little lighter, which is interesting.
Motor design and construction must have changed a great deal in 60 or 70
years, although a slow-running motor will always be larger than a
fast-running motor of the same power rating.

Good luck with the project! I'll let you know how mine goes.

Best wishes,

Chris