Harry K

Don Young wrote:
No, you can't increase the pressure of a water column by reducing the pipe
size anywhere in any direction. A 10 foot high cone with point at the bottom
develops exactly the same pressure at the bottom as a 10 foot high cylinder.
Also water pressure is exactly the same in a sideways direction as downward
at any given point. Any increase in force (pounds) can only occur with a
corresponding increase in area (square inches) so the pressure (pounds per
square inch) is constant. I am not sure but I think that is known as
"Pascal's Law".
Don Young

snip

Right. The reducing tee merely changes the size of the column to that
of the output of the tee.

Harry K