Charlie S.

"nobody" wrote in message
news:v3OHe.35137$Eo.27302@fed1read04...
We have a GE glass cooktop with 4 natural gas burners in our
home. The cooktop has an electric spark igniter. Over the
past year, we have noticed that the burners are taking
longer and longer for gas to reach them and be ignited by
the spark. Turning on several burners initially helps some.
There has never been the odor of gas, by the way, just a
progressive delay in the gas reaching the igniter.

What is the problem and how can it be solved?

Sorry, can't solve your problem as I don't know anything about these stoves.
Maybe I can help a little.
I had a problem with a GE Stove where it would only light in only one point
when I turned the knob. Normally, it would light throughout a range of
about an inch when I turned the knob to the right. I replaced the part the
goes in back of the knob.... see part #716 in the web site below. It solved
the problem in one of the burners, but not another.

http://www.appliance-parts-warehouse...arts-19209.cfm

Remember to unplug the stove before starting work. I got zapped forgetting
that there's electricity running through some parts.