Joseph Meehan

jlc2 wrote:
Thanks for the replys:
here's more info:

4) the amp is 15 using two catridge type fuses that is sepearate from
the main service panel. when my dryersometimes trips over the main
breaker, my oven,stove and window air conditioner still have power.
Which is why I want to use the 230 outlet

I may be wrong, but if what you say is true, I believe it is not code.
That should be changed, and I would suggest having all the wiring in your
home checked as you never know what someone who does not follow code may
have done.

7) I take take there is no electrical type device to allow me to plug
a 120v applicance into the 230 volt outlet?

That depends on the outlet. 230 - 240V outlets can be with or without a
neutral. Without the neutral there is no safe way of doing it.

Thanks to all
I take that
Thanks to all

--