Chip

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 21:48:33 +0100,it is alleged that John Cartmell
spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

In article t, Chip
wrote:
On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 21:02:26 +0100,it is alleged that "Slurp"
spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

[snip]

I will say though that the units seem like the high quality 2000 hour
units, with ceramic base rather than the cheaper - er I mean lesser life
- all glass units.

Hmm, I should tell this to the ceramic base one that blew with less than 1
week of normal use on it

OTOH, it spurred me to get the LED GU10s, they are *very* blue, even the
ones specified as 'bluish white' but more than adequate for general room
lighting and use close to unmeasurably small amounts of power.

Where do you get LED GU10s and at what price? Can you mix 'n' match 'ordinary'
and LED GU10s on the same fixture to give a mix ofblue and ordinary yellow
light?

TLC electrical for around 6 pounds each. (less than their list price,
don't know how come that happened and didn't ask g )

Yes you can mix and match them, the light output is dim compared with
a 50W, and only a little dimmer than a 20W, if this helps.

--
While theoretically and technically television may be feasible,
commercially and financially it is an impossibility.