Bob Smith \(UK\)

"Hugo Nebula" abuse@localhost wrote in message
On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 23:13:42 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named
Jonathan randomly hit the keyboard and
produced:

For the past three years I have been building an Anglo-Saxon castle in
the garden of my house, using only traditional tools and materials.

You've probably gone into this already, but I think you should be
aware that if this castle is more than 30mē in floor area or contains
sleeping accommodation, you should have submitted a Building
Regulations application. I'm not sure on whether you need Planning
Permission too. A quick note shot through the window of your Local
Council offices on an arrow would be in order, just to be on the safe
side.

If he follows standard procedure and builds it out of wood while the motte
settles, it is a temporary building. ISTR that you don't need planning
permission for this.

When the final phase is complete, and the keep is rebuilt in stone, any
visit from the council can be repelled using boiling oil and archers [1].

Bob

[1] Not Archers the tipple, bowpersons (thinking of the Baileys subthread).