Michael A. Terrell

DBLEXPOSURE wrote:

Can't be exactly sure but I bet they are cue tones that the network inserts
to cue local media to insert programming... Normally you are not to hear
them.. Your local cable company has something out of whack....

They used to use DTMF codes for remote switching to allow local
inserts or commercials. but I've been out of the CATV business since
1986 when I used to cue up a commercial on 3/4" U-matic tapes and hand
switch the commercials into the system. We sold commercials on three
channels. MTV was the worst. Their signal was that they used a
multiplexed stereo audio channel on the C-band receiver and they turned
off the pilot carrier to control the switch so you had to buy the
controller from them. I just waited for their fade to black and
switched it then.
--
Link to my "Computers for disabled Veterans" project website deleted
after threats were telephoned to my church.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida