Mark & Juanita

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 21:48:44 -0600, Dave Balderstone
wrote:

In article .com, rob
wrote:

I am wondering what to use as the floor of my new sandbox that is under
the kids play system. It is 5' x 5'. Do I want to use landscape fabric,
or make a wood floor? Thanks for the advice. Also, anyone have any
opinions on where to buy sand for the box? How much sand will be needed
to fill a 25 sqft box? What depth should I fill to?

I used black plastic. 2x8 frame, formed the plastic over the edges,
pouring the sand in to fit it to the bottom of the frame, then screwed
1x2 to the top to hold it.

With the desert environment, haven't had to use anything to keep stuff
from growing in the sandbox.

.... snip

Consider a top of some kind to keep the cat poop out.

That's what the dog is for :-) Well, that and burying things like her
dog dish in the sand.