RichardS

Default Speed cameras (Was: New Electrical Regulations)

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , IMM
writes

There are reckless drivers who speed. And there are quick assertive
drivers.

I have to agree there

And there are just downright crap drivers, whatever their speed. However,
after driving quite a lot in Belgium and the Netherlands I will never moan
about the overall standards of driving on UK roads again! Those guys will
be gold medal contenders if tailgating ever becomes an Olympic sport...

Speed cameras are to get the non-locals. The locals drive just as badly

in
no camera stretches.

Yes

The problem with preaching (as I seem to be doing) is that no-one is
perfect and so I hereby confess that there have been occasions in my
16-year driving career when I have broken the speed limit. Mostly
completely inadvertantly and immediately corrected, twice or three

times
completely deliberately - but the deliberate cases were all on empty
stretches of motorway and I wouldn't have complained, though I would
have felt very stupid, if I'd been clocked.

Sanctimonious ****

Are you a priest? The police want an 80mph limit on motorways. They said

if
a driver is doing 80mph and not a danger they would leave him. I drive

at
aprox 80mph, or to what the prevailing traffic does. I don't keep

looking
at the speedo as this distracts from watching the cars in front which can
suddenly all slam on.

And you were doing so well there

I have never tried to take anything so much as a grain of tobacco
through customs :-)

You prefer pure weed then ?

Someone get me a thermometer - I must be ill

Must have been all that dodgy Belgian beer!

how was the break?

cheers
Richard
--