jlc2

Thanks for the replys:
here's more info:

1) Everything electric except the furnance amd water heater. No I
wouldn't use a gas oven to heat the house.I should have mentioned that
in my original post.

2) No, I'm no troll. I did go thru a winter with no gas a few years
ago(financial crisis - long story). During this period I did use my
oven, it got cold and it wasn't fun but it was never got freezing and
my highest light bill was $175 which I would say was a bit over double
normal(oven setting at 350). Typical gas bill during this time would
be around $200 a month (at 68F setting)i. The worst time period is Jan
thru Feb of course. So it is double from actual experience.

3) During the milder days the oven does decent(not perfect) job, but
the bedrooms are on the opposite side of the house so another heater
placed in the hallway may do the trick

4) the amp is 15 using two catridge type fuses that is sepearate from
the main service panel. when my dryersometimes trips over the main
breaker, my oven,stove and window air conditioner still have power.
Which is why I want to use the 230 outlet

5) If I see a special where it has no payment/no interest for x months
special on furnances then I'm there but I simply cannot afford another
montly payment until next year. I'll may be hard pressed to even
purchase the heaters that was mentioned here. But its only for this
winter.

6) Thanks for the Grainger web link

7) I take take there is no electrical type device to allow me to plug
a 120v applicance into the 230 volt outlet?

Thanks to all
I take that
Thanks to all