Don Young

No, you can't increase the pressure of a water column by reducing the pipe
size anywhere in any direction. A 10 foot high cone with point at the bottom
develops exactly the same pressure at the bottom as a 10 foot high cylinder.
Also water pressure is exactly the same in a sideways direction as downward
at any given point. Any increase in force (pounds) can only occur with a
corresponding increase in area (square inches) so the pressure (pounds per
square inch) is constant. I am not sure but I think that is known as
"Pascal's Law".
Don Young

"PipeDown" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Harry K" wrote in message
oups.com...

PipeDown wrote:
"Chris Lewis" wrote in message
According to PipeDown :
Going from small to big won't cause much of a problem, aside from a
"if
you draw too much from one faucet, you might suck air in another"
factor.

You would never suck air into a fixture unless for some very unusual
reason
you were pumping warter out of another fixture at a rate greater than
the
source can replenish it. Excessive flow at one fixture would cause a
reduced flow at all other fixtures on the branch since all are
passively