Harry K

Default Don't do this!

Need to re-paint the kitchen. Had been wallpapered yay many years ago
and a patch of the vinyl coating had pulled off. Aha, thinks I, "I'll
just pull off all the vinyl coating and then use sponges and soak off
the paper backing". No sooner said than done, at least the pulling
portion.

Even using two sponges I couldn't keep the paper wet enough with warm
soapy water to strip. Off to the rental place for a steamer. Yep it
worked but...the paper backing comes off in small pieces and the job
took three times longer than if I had done it right to begin with.

Harry, too soon old, too late smart, K