Ulysses

"Keith" #ca wrote in message
Hi

I just bought an air compressor, 20 gal tank. I will probably use this
about once or twice a month and for max 10 to 15 mins most times - just
for quick jobs in the garage.

Q1. Do I have to drain the air from the tank after each use?

Q2. If the air doesn't have to be drained, should I bleed the water
from the drain cock after each use? every week? every month? Do I
have to lower the pressure (150lb max) in the tank before bleeding off
the water? If so, to what level?

Thanks

My personal experience is that if you drain the air out of the tank every
day it will last about 15-20 years. If you (like me) don't drain the air
out every day then the tank will last about 15-20 years.

You mainly need to let the water out so you don't get it in your tools,
paint (spray), etc. Put a drop or two of air tool oil in your tools once a
month or so.

Keith