Carolina Breeze HVAC

wrote in message
oups.com...
Ihave replaced 2 igniters and one control board in 10 years (two
furnaces).

Of course, you could have replaced it with a regular pilot light the
first time the igniter went, correct? I turn my regular pilot light
off in April and light it up again in October. Saves gas and is
reliable,

Not on alot of the new stuff, no ignitor signal and no gas valve open...why
would you want to throw out $500 in parts for a standing pilot when the fact
is that you can replace the crappy ignitor with a ceramic one that will
probably be the last one you ever need to put in the unit?
I have igitors that you can about drive over and still work.
Not that you would WANT to, but still...