Duane Bozarth

Robert11 wrote:

Hello:

Have a damaged area, (really a gouge) in some T1-11 house siding that I'd
like to repair.
Perhaps 4" x 4" by a fair amount deep. Not sure what caused it as we just
moved in; possibly a squirrel, or woodpeckers, or... ?

It was suggested that I try Bondo.
Good idea, but frankly I hate working with the stuff.

Was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on any other patching material
I can try that would be as effective and permanent as a Bondo patch, but a
lot easier to work with ?

Are there any "permanent" type of caulks ?
Paintable RTV ?
etc. ?

There are several epoxy fill products that are quite a bit more
expensive but for such a small volume would not be prohibitively so.
Their advantage is longer open time.

Basically for a smooth, hard patch they're the only real type of
permanent choices afaik. Any of the other alternatives such as the
"hardrock" fillers aren't nearly as permanent.