Frank Boettcher

As infrequently as you use it, opening the tank drain cock and letting
it drain the air and the water is probably appropriate.

I use mine almost every day and do not drain it off. My theory is the
shortened life of the tank if it even is shortened is not worth the
power it takes to recharge the tank every day. Mine does not leak
down overnight.

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 23:14:48 GMT, Keith
#ca wrote:

Hi

I just bought an air compressor, 20 gal tank. I will probably use this
about once or twice a month and for max 10 to 15 mins most times - just
for quick jobs in the garage.

Q1. Do I have to drain the air from the tank after each use?

Q2. If the air doesn't have to be drained, should I bleed the water
from the drain cock after each use? every week? every month? Do I
have to lower the pressure (150lb max) in the tank before bleeding off
the water? If so, to what level?

Thanks

Keith